27 Aug Eating veggies has never been so easy
August 27, 2018
There’s no doubt about it. Vegetables are good for you. The trick to receiving the health benefits like fiber, vitamins, and minerals, is that you actually have to eat the vegetables. Are you laughing right now because veggies are your favorite food group? Or are you cringing at the thought of incorporating more vegetables into your diet? Either way, Eats Treats and Parsnips has some sneaky ways to increase your veggie intake. You’ll never know they are there!
Six ways to eat more vegetables
- Add a handful of leafy greens to smoothies. The other flavors in the smoothie will hide the greens. If you’re skeptical, start with a mild flavored lettuce like Romaine.
- Toss chopped bell peppers or mushrooms in with eggs for a filling breakfast or an easy dinner.
- Make baked goods with veggies. Check out our recipe for Savory Muffins, and keep an eye out for upcoming recipes like Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins and Winter Squash Sweet Potato Pie.
- Toss a little bit of frozen spinach in anything that isn’t already loaded with vegetables. Rice is a good example.
- Add a sprinkling of other veggies to smoothies that are mostly fruit. Cucumber, carrots, parsnips, sweet potato puree, and zucchini are great additions to smoothies.
- Choose veggies chips over potato chips. There are many options available at the store these days, or you could make your own. Keep an eye out for upcoming recipes for zucchini chips and eggplant chips.
By following these suggestions, adding vegetables here and there throughout the day, you’ll quickly increase your veggie intake without even realizing it. Happy eating!