28 Feb Orange Blueberry Muffins
Posted at 17:27h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 - 25 minutes|
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soft ghee
- 2 eggs large
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Zest the orange. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, rub the zest into the sugar.
- In a small sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs for 30 seconds. Heat the ghee for 30 seconds to soften it. Then beat the ghee into the eggs, followed by the orange juice.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients, except the blueberries, to the sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the medium mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly moistened.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the muffins are fully baked, an inserted toothpick will come out clean, and the tops will be golden brown.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients. The juice from the zested orange can be used as part or all of the 1 cup of orange juice. Frozen blueberries can be thawed and used as a substitute for fresh blueberries. Leftover muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.