01 Apr Turmeric Sugar Cookies
Posted at 16:16h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||9 - 11 minutes|
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 Tbsp all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg large
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1 tsp turmeric, baking soda, vanilla, ginger, and salt. Stir until the ingredients are well blended together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the ghee and 1/3 cup sugar. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add the egg to the sugar mixture. Beat for 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Stir until a dough starts to form.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp sugar and ¼ tsp turmeric.
- By hand, roll pieces of dough into evenly sized balls, approximately 1 ½ inches across. Roll each one in the turmeric sugar. Then, place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes. The cookies will be soft.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients.
Enjoy these cookies with the added turmeric health benefits. Be careful working with turmeric though. It will stain everything yellow.