26 Feb Berry Millet Muffins
Posted at 15:43h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 eggs large
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla powder, and ground cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, applesauce, and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until almost fully incorporated.
- Add frozen blueberries and raspberries. Stir just until the berries are mixed in.
- Scoop batter into 10 lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes. When the muffins are fully baked, an inserted toothpick will come out clean.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients. Leftover muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Add a light lemon glaze or drizzle of maple syrup for added sweetness.