22 Jan Cardamom Cookies
Posted at 18:41h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||22 - 26 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg large
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, rice flour, millet flour, sorghum flour, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the ghee with a fork to lighten it up, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, vanilla powder, ground cardamom, cinnamon, and black pepper to the ghee. Continue whipping for 30 seconds.
- Beat the egg into the ghee mixture.
- Add the water to the ghee mixture. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the ghee mixture.
- Stir 1/3 of the remaining flour mixture into the forming dough.
- Stir the remaining flour into the dough.
- Cover the mixing bowl, and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Optional: Rub your palms with a little cooking oil to prevent the dough from sticking to you.
- Using your hands, roll a piece of the dough into a ball roughly the size of a ping pong ball. Place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough leaving 2 inches between cookies. These cookies will spread out as they bake.
- Bake for 12 minutes, and then rotate the baking sheet for an even bake.
- Bake for an additional 10 – 14 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder.
- Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Dip in almond butter.