02 Dec Vanilla Cookies
Posted at 16:10h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||16 - 20 minutes per batch|
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the millet flour, rice flour, and potato starch. Mix them together well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ghee, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat for 5 minutes on medium speed with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and water.
- While continuing to beat the sugar mixture, slowly add in the egg mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the medium mixing bowl. Stir until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. A plastic sandwich bag with a notch cut off the corner works well too.
- Pipe out 1 inch cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. You will need to bake these cookies in multiple batches.
- Bake for 16 – 20 minutes until just starting to turn golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Store in an air tight container.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients.