02 Oct Grandma’s French Toast
Posted at 16:07h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup half and half (lactose free if needed)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- Dash Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 4 slices bread (gluten free or slow rise sourdough if needed)
- In a shallow dish, beat together the egg, half and half, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Melt 1 Tbsp of ghee.
- Dip the bread one slice at a time in the batter, coating both sides. Only dip the bread, don’t let it soak in the batter. Soaking the bread will result in soggy French toast.
- Cook the French toast for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Add more ghee to the skillet as needed.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder.
- Top with maple syrup.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Top with sliced bananas or strawberries.