09 Nov Mushroom Spinach Barbecue Pizza
Posted at 20:40h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 4 - 5 baby portabella mushroomsshrooms
- 3 green onions (dark green parts only)
- 1 prepared pizza crust 10-12 inches, ETP recipe link below
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (Fody brand for low FODMAP)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Follow the directions on the crust packing for preheating the oven. Depending on the crust, you may precook it before adding the sauce and toppings.
- Coarsely chop the spinach, and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms, and set aside.
- Dice the dark green parts of the green onions. The white and light green parts can be discarded for this recipe. Set aside.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce onto the prepared pizza crust. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the sauce, leaving a ½ inch ring around the edge with no sauce.
- Sprinkle the chopped spinach evenly over the sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese on top of the spinach.
- Place the mushrooms on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top of the pizza.
- Follow the baking instructions on the crust package. Depending on the crust, it may cook better directly on the oven rack, on a pizza stone, or on a baking sheet.
- Let the pizza cool for 2 minutes before cutting.
Use any prepared pizza crust that you like. Schar (stored at room temperature) and Against the Grain (stored in the freezer) both make a tasty gluten free crust. If you are limiting carbohydrates, try a cauliflower crust (stored in the freezer). You can also make your own.
Leftover pizza can easily be packed for lunch or reheated in the oven for dinner.
- A small lettuce based salad complements the flavors in this pizza.