08 Jan Berry Crumble
Posted at 21:40h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 - 35 minutes|
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free if needed
- 2 Tbsp white rice flour
- 2 Tbsp millet flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Defrost the strawberries in the microwave using a low power setting. This will take 3-5 minutes.
- If the strawberries are medium to large in size, cut them into bite size pieces. Put the strawberries in an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the raspberries over the top of the strawberries.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oats, rice flour, millet flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the ghee to the mixing bowl. Cut the ghee into the oat mixture until the mixture resembles pea-sized pebbles.
- Add the water to the mix. Stir.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Blueberries could be substituted for raspberries.
- Delicious warm or cold.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve with a vanilla or plain yogurt, possibly drizzled with honey.