27 Feb Ginger Lemonade
Posted at 19:47h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- To make a simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Stir, and reduce heat to medium-high. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Let the simple syrup cool.
- Peel the ginger and cut into 4 pieces. Crush the ginger pieces in a mortar and pestle to release the juice. Rinse the mortar and pestle with ¼ cup of water and pour into contents into a pitcher.
- Add the remaining 3 ¾ cups of water, lemon juice, salt, and 5 Tbsp of the simple syrup to a pitcher. Stir well, and chill.
Best slightly chilled, not cold. Store in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
- Garnish with candied ginger.