28 Feb Oatmeal Bread
Posted at 16:33h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 - 60 minutes|
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free if needed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp stevia
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 eggs large
- 1 1/4 cup applesauce plain and unsweetened
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 non-stick olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients (from sorghum flour through ground cloves) in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs for 30 seconds. Then beat the applesauce into the eggs, followed by the olive oil, and then the water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the medium mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly moistened.
- Spray a 9x5 baking dish with the non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. When the loaf is fully baked, an inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Let cool in the baking dish.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Would make good French toast.
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- Top with your favorite jam, jelly, or marmalade.