25 Nov Pumpkin Waffles
Posted at 17:18h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the amaranth flour, millet flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed. Set to the side.
- Separate the eggs. Put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Put the whites in a small bowl or in a stand mixer.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Add the water, pumpkin, and oil to the egg yolks. Stir until it’s a uniform mixture.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until all of the flour is moistened.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Gently fold the remaining whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Spoon a little less than ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron.
- Cook for approximately 9 minutes. If your waffle iron has temperature control, keep it on medium.
- Repeat until the batter is all cooked.
- Top with feta cheese, dried cranberries, and maple syrup.
- Add waffle pieces to a spinach feta salad and drizzle with pomegranate syrup.
- Serve with ginger yogurt and pomegranate syrup.