27 Jan Rice Pudding
Posted at 01:35h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 3/4 cup whole milk lactose free if needed
- 1/4 tsp rose water
- 3 egg yolks
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, cardamom, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium to large pot, wash the rice until the water runs clear. Drain the rice.
- Add the ghee, water, and milk. Heat on medium for 30 – 40 minutes until the rice is almost soft. Whisk the mixture every 5 minutes during the cook time.
- When the rice is almost done, whisk the sugar mixture into the rice. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or so until the rice is soft and well cooked.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the rose water.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the egg yolks.
- Return the rice pudding to medium heat. Add the egg yolks slowly while constantly whisking the pudding to prevent the yolks from curdling. Continue whisking for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the rice pudding to a serving bowl or a storage container.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it along with the rose water. More milk can be added if the pudding is too thick.
- Top with golden raisins or crushed pistachios.
- Can be served warm or cold.