30 Aug Radish Avocado Protein Bowl
Posted at 21:02h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups torn butter lettuce
- 1/2 Hass avocado
- 1 radish
- Dash Himalayan salt
Cook the Egg
- To hard boil the egg, place the egg in a pot with water so that the water is 1 inch over the egg. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Heat to water on high until it boils. Then, turn the heat down to medium-high. When the timer rings, run the egg under cold water for 1 minute. Then remove the egg shell. Chill the egg before adding it to the salad.
Cook the Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
- In a small pot, add the quinoa, water, oil, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down to low heat, and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes. The water should be completely absorbed when the quinoa is cooked.
- Let the quinoa cool.
Assemble the Salad
- Place the lettuce in the salad bowl.
- Add ½ cup of cooked quinoa on top.
- Cut the avocado into ½ inch chunks. Add them to the salad bowl.
- Cut the egg into four pieces lengthwise. Holding the pieces together, turn the egg 90°, and cut it again into four pieces. Add the diced egg to the salad bowl.
- Finely dice the radish. Add it on top of the salad.
- Finish with a dash of salt.
The salad (minus the olive oil) will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just add the oil when you’re ready to eat the salad or in the morning if it’s being packed to go.
Hard boiled eggs will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Cook them ahead of time to save time on salad prep.
Extra quinoa will keep in the refrigerator for several days.