11 Jul Carrot and Bell Pepper Salad
Posted at 16:06h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- To hard boil the egg, place the egg in a pot with water so that the water is 1 inch over the egg. Set a timer for 20 minutes. Heat to water on high until it boils. Then, turn the heat down to medium-high. When the timer rings, run the egg under cold water for 1 minute. Then remove the egg shell. Chill the egg before adding it to the salad.
- Tear the lettuce into bit size pieces, and place them in the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Dice the bell pepper. Place the bell pepper on top of the lettuce.
- Cut the avocado half into ½ inch cubes. Put the avocado on top of the bell pepper.
- Cut the egg into four pieces lengthwise. Holding the pieces together, turn the egg 90°, and cut it again into four pieces. Put the diced egg on top of the avocado.
- Grate the carrot, or cut it into thin rounds. Put the carrot on top of the egg.
- Finish with a dash of salt.
The salad will keep well in the refrigerator overnight in an air tight container. If you are preparing the salads farther in advance, add the avocado on the day you plan to eat each salad.