27 Feb Fennel Paprika Chicken
Posted at 19:41h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 - 35 minutes|
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 lemon
- 1/4 cup green onions dark green tops only
- 1 Tbsp extra light olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts approximately 1 lb
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using a mortar and pestle, bruise the fennel seeds. Add the paprika, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir until the spices are evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Cut the lemon into 6 – 8 wedges. Remove any seeds that are loose. Set the lemon aside.
- Finely dice the dark green tops of green onions. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast into 6 pieces.
- Oil the bottom of a glass 9x9 baking dish. Place the chicken pieces in the dish evenly spaced out. Sprinkle half of the spice mix over the top. Turn the chicken pieces over, and sprinkle the remaining spice mix over the top.
- Squeeze the juice from 3 lemon wedges over the chicken. Arrange the remaining lemon wedges around the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the green onions on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and white all of the way through.
If your system is sensitive to onions, the darkest green tops of green onions may be a safe alternative. If your system is not sensitive to onions, use any part of the green onions for this dish.
- Serve with a side of orange ginger glazed carrots (ETP recipe) and sautéed Swiss chard (ETP recipe).
- Use as a salad topper.
- Cut the cooked chicken into smaller pieces and use as a pizza topping.
- Serve with butternut carrot soup (ETP recipe).
- Serve with parsnip zucchini soup (ETP recipe).