30 Jun Lemon Rhubarb Pepper Chicken
Posted at 20:51h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 - 30 minutes|
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange, and/or yellow)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 long stalks rhubarb (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Coarsely chop the bell peppers and spinach. Set aside.
- Finely dice the chives. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the rhubarb. Put it in a medium pot.
- Peel the ginger, and finely dice it. Add the ginger to the pot.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Add it to the pot.
- Add the oil and salt to the pot. Heat on medium.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the pot. Stir.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bell peppers, spinach, and chives to the pot. Stir.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is done. It will be tender and white all of the way through.
- Serve over rice.
- Serve with mashed potatoes (ETP recipe).