04 Jul Rhubarb Soda
Posted at 13:10h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2 stalks rhubarb (approximately 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Himalayan salt
- 2 cups seltzer (chilled)
- Coarsely chop the rhubarb.
- In small sauce pan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water, lemon juice, and salt. Heat on medium and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. When the rhubarb turns smooshy, remove from heat.
- Pass the contents of the pot through a strainer. Let cool.
- Stir the rhubarb syrup into the seltzer.
The syrup can be stored for 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.