15 Feb Rhubarb Strawberry Spread
Posted at 19:53h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 5 stalks rhubarb
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- dash Himalayan salt
- Chop rhubarb into ½ inch thick pieces. Put chopped rhubarb in a medium sauté pan.
- Mince ginger. Add ginger to the pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Cook uncovered on medium-low heat until the rhubarb and strawberries have cooked down into a spread, approximately 45 minutes. Stir every 5 – 10 minutes.
The dash of salt helps bring out the flavors.
- Spread on oat bran muffins, scones, oatmeal bread, pancakes, or waffles.