26 Feb Buckwheat Pancakes
Posted at 16:13h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- non-stick spray
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the water and mix to form a slightly thick batter.
- Heat a griddle on medium to medium-high heat.
- Spray the griddle with non-stick spray. Repeat as needed in between batches of pancakes to prevent them from sticking to the griddle.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter (or 2 Tbsp for silver dollar pancakes) onto the hot griddle. Cook for 1.5 – 3 minutes. When the bubbles have popped and the batter is firming up on the sides of the pancakes, flip them over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the water. Extra pancakes will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with apple butter (ETP recipe).
- Spread your favorite jam on the pancakes.