27 Feb Curry Yellow Split Peas with Potatoes
Posted at 19:18h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 4 red potatoes medium
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- Pick through the yellow split peas to remove any rocks or sticks. In the cooking pot, wash the yellow split peas until the water runs clear.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them into ½ inch thick slices. Cut each slice into quarters. Add the potatoes to the cooking pot.
- Peel and finely dice the ginger. Add it to the cooking pot.
- Add the oil, curry powder, salt, coriander, cumin, black pepper, and water to the cooking pot. Stir.
- Place the cooking pot in the multi-cooker and close the pressure cooking lid with the pressure valve closed.
- Set the multi-cooker to beans and cook on normal for 15 minutes.
Yellow split peas are also known as toor dal or split pigeon peas. This recipe was developed in a 6-quart Cosori Multi-Cooker.
- Serve over basmati rice (ETP recipe).
- Serve with a side of saag (ETP recipe).
- Serve with naan.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.