27 Feb Green Bean and Bell Pepper Chicken
Posted at 20:13h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 - 45 minutes|
- 3 parsnips small
- 3 cups green beans
- 2 bell peppers red, orange, or yellow
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts approximately 1 1/2 lbs
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Peel the parsnips. Cut them into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Snap the ends of the green beans. Snap long green beans in half.
- Coat the bottom of a medium-large skillet with oil. Add the parsnips and green beans to the pan. Heat on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, deseed the bell peppers and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- After the parsnips and green beans have been cooking for 15 minutes, add the chicken and bell peppers to the pan.
- Add the oregano, salt, paprika, and cumin. Stir until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Put a lid on the pan, and cook for an additional 20 minutes. When the dish is done, the chicken should be tender and white all of the way through.
Turnips can be substituted for parsnips.
- Serve on top of rice.