14 Apr No Bake Oatmeal Apple Pie
Posted at 19:34h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 apple
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup water
- non-stick spray
- Dice the apple. Add the apple and oil to a medium sauté pan, and cook on medium low to medium heat for 15 minutes or until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Let the apple cool.
- Using a food processor, grind the quick cook oats into a flour. (A coffee grinder works well too.)
- Transfer the oats to a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla powder. Stir.
- Add the water to the oats and stir until the oats are all moistened.
- Stir the apple into the mix.
- Spray a 6x6 container with non-stick spray.
- Transfer the oat mixture into the dish. Press it into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients.
- Press ¼ cup of walnuts or pecans into the top.