18 Feb Parsnip Cranberry Overnight Oats
Posted at 03:03h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2 medium parsnips
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup water
- Grate the parsnips.
- Add the parsnips and oil to a small sauté pan. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, brown sugar, vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the parsnips and water.
- Stir until the oats are completely moistened.
- Press the mixture into a shallow 6x6 container for bars or into single serving jars.
- Refrigerator overnight.
Vanilla extract can be substituted for the vanilla powder. Stir the vanilla extract into the water before adding it to the oat mixture.