28 Feb No Bake Oatmeal Carrot Cake 2
Posted at 13:43h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||8 hours|
- 2 carrots large
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quick cook oats gluten free if needed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 non-stick spray
- Peel and grate carrots. Add the carrots and oil to a medium sauté pan, and cook on medium-low to medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Let the carrots cool.
- Using a food processor, grind the quick cook oats into a flour. (A coffee grinder works well too.)
- Transfer the oats to a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla powder. Stir.
- Add the water to the oats and stir until the oats are all moistened.
- Stir the carrots into the mix.
- Spray a 6x6 container with non-stick spray.
- Transfer the oat mixture into the dish. Press it into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
An equal amount of pure vanilla extract can be substituted for vanilla powder. If you’re using vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients.
- Press a few golden raisins into the top for extra sweetness.