19 Aug Pasta Salad with Peas and Tomatoes
Posted at 15:59h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 cups green lentil pasta uncooked, approximately 8-10 oz.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp extra light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Follow the cooking instructions on the pasta packaging. Add the peas to the boiling water when the pasta is added.
- After the pasta and peas have been drained, add the oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir until the pasta is coated with the oil and seasoning. Let the pasta cool.
- While the pasta is cooling, chop the tomatoes in halves. Also finely chop the mint.
- Add the tomatoes and mint to the cooled pasta and peas. Toss to mix.
Notes: Any type of pasta can be substituted for green lentil pasta. The benefit of a lentil based pasta is that it brings protein to the dish.
This dish is great to take on a picnic or a hike. It is also a makes a great protein rich meal to take on flights
- Squeeze a ¼ tsp of fresh lemon juice over each serving to brighten the dish.