17 Feb Whole Roasted Chicken/Turkey Breast
Posted at 21:08h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 4 lb whole chicken/turkey breast
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Remove neck and giblets from the chicken. Place the chicken in the cooking pot breast side down.
- Add water to the cooking pot.
- Evenly sprinkle salt and spices over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the cooking pot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
This recipe was developed using a Crock Pot 6-quart slow cooker with stove-top browning.
1. Serve with steamed, roasted, or sautéed vegetables.
2. Use leftovers as a salad topper.
3. Save some of the white meat for a pizza topping.