26 Feb Bell Pepper Sauce
Posted at 13:05h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 6 bell peppers yellow, red, or orange
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Remove stems and seeds from bell peppers. Cut bell peppers into ½ inch pieces.
- Put all ingredients in a large pot. Cook on medium to medium-high heat for 5 minutes, then partially cover with a lid and reduce to medium-low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the bell peppers are soft and fragrant, turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the full contents of the pot to a blender. Blend until smooth. If need be, blend in two batches.
When cutting the bell pepper, smaller pieces are better than larger pieces.
- Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles.
- Serve with lentil balls, meatballs, grilled chicken, shrimp, or scallops.
- Use as a pizza sauce.
- Use as a condiment for lentil burgers.
- Use as a dipping sauce for veggie tater tots.