14 Apr Red Rice
Posted at 19:19h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (yellow, orange, or red)
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash chili powder (or to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 18 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Finely dice the bell pepper.
- Place the oil and bell pepper in a sauté pan or a wok that has a lid. Stir and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle the salt, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper over the peppers. Add the rice to the pan. Stir well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water. Stir. Turn the heat down to medium low. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 30 minutes. When done, the liquid will all be absorbed and the rice will be soft.
For a vegetarian/vegan protein, stir 15 oz of canned chickpeas in with the bell peppers in step 2.
- Top with salt and pepper shrimp (ETP recipe).
- Top with grilled chicken.
- Top with a poached egg.