06 Jan Sweet Potato Bell Pepper Skillet
Posted at 01:32h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper (or orange or yellow)
- Peel the sweet potato. Dice it into small ¼ inch cubes.
- Place the cubes into a large skillet along with the oil and salt.
- Heat the skillet on medium high. Cook the sweet potato cubes for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Chop the bell pepper into ½ inch pieces. Add them to the skillet.
- Cook for another 5 – 10 minutes until the veggies are the desired tenderness.
Substitute an orange or yellow bell pepper.
- Top with a poached egg.
- Stir in black beans along with the sweet potatoes at the beginning.
- Add bacon pieces.
- Serve as a side dish with rice and grilled chicken.