18 Feb Tomato Spinach Salsa
Posted at 04:17h in Recipes [social_share]
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- dash black pepper
- dash chili powder to taste
- Dice tomatoes and place in a sauté pan.
- Add oil to the pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the spinach and add it to the tomatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Plain chili powder (without cumin, oregano, or other spices added) is very spicy. A little goes a long way. The salsa freezes well. When it’s peak tomato season, make a large batch and freeze it in several 2-4 serving, freezer safe containers.
- Serve with store-bought or homemade tortilla chips.
- Serve with rice crackers.
- Serve on top of baked sweet potatoes (ETP recipe).